4 strategies to keep you motivated in your wellness life!
1. Remember your WHY!
- What is the reason you started your wellness journey?
- Go back to that moment right now & write down why it is that you started!
- Write it on post-its & put them everywhere.
- This is the place you come back to when things start to get tough. I get it- it happens!
- When there are obstacles or blocks standing in your way & you need some motivation to continue, come back to your why & reset.
- Your why must be bigger than your excuses!
If you are questioning this, then it is not big enough so make your why bigger.
Ask yourself what is important to you & work it into your why. Energy goes where focus flows.
Do you want to make yourself & your lifestyle better for your children or grandchildren?
Do you want to be well enough to work for a cause that you are passionate such as animals, a specific group or the environment?
My why is bigger than me, it goes beyond me, it goes to what I want to do in the community.
My why is to inspire and bring hope to self-empower women with simple, natural solutions.
My why is to find a life changing cause that has a positive ripple effect on families by giving women tools to use at the very coalface of their issues in Kairos Outside for Women.
This costs money and that is why I do what I do.
2. Review your goals often.
The past year has seen some huge changes in our lifestyles.
The people that are flexible and adaptable to change have come out on top.
Were you able to pivot when necessary?
My goals from the beginning of the year 2020 have adapted and changed so drastically over the course of that year.
If I had gotten hung up on not achieving these previous goals by the end of the year2020, my wellness would not be anywhere near where it is today.
- Set aside 30 minutes each week in your schedule to review your goals on a checklist. Or use a daily wellness app- there are plenty of them out there for free.
- Have monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals but make sure you review, evaluate & change them weekly if necessary.
- If things do not work out how you have planned, look at it as feedback as to what is working & what needs to be changed or discarded.
- The most successful people in the world have failed, tweaked, and pivoted more times than you would believe.
3. Put yourself first.
You cannot pour from an empty jug!
Too often I find that women focus more on their families than they do on themselves.
When we are over busy, we become stressed, drained, overwhelmed and the family that you are trying so hard to care for ends up suffering.
Our "flow" stops flowing.....and I'm talking about our energy here.
These are my non-negotiables to look after myself first:
- Schedule and Plan out my day.
- Take a planned break every 75-90 minutes – get a water, stretch, walk.
- Do not work constantly.
- Take time out when needed.
- Celebrate yourself for achieving everything you have achieved that day, no matter how small.
- Get at least 6-8 hours sleep!
- Create a morning and evening routine.
If you overwhelm yourself, it will demotivate you!
4. Seek Positivity & Inspiration
- They say we are the sum of the 5 people we most associate with so choose your 5.
- Find a community of like-minded individuals who are positive and into natural wellness.
- Mindfully select Social Media Groups that will lift you up and help keep you inspired & leave the others.
- If you are looking for a community to join, I would love to invite you to join my KK Holistics Women's Wellness group on Facebook.
- Use others' success to inspire you.
- Read inspirational books.
- Watch webinars.
- Listen to podcasts.
- Attend social events that you enjoy.
If you struggle to stay inspired, get a coach or a mentor.
Someone to hold you accountable!
A great coach will help keep you inspired and hold you accountable.
I will reach out to my clients if I see a dip in their motivation.
Book a free 30 minute consult here: